Effective as of May 1, 2018
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any implementing legislation (Data Protection Legislation).
What Information is Collected
Information You Give Us
When you sign up for BoardBookit Services, communicate with our customer service team, or send us an email, we may ask for information including your name, email address, billing address, and company name.
We also collect personal information such as an email address, phone number and a name of any end users you authorize to log into and utilize BoardBookit Services in connection with your account.
Information We Collect Automatically
No Information from Children Under Age 16
This website and the BoardBookit Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 16, please do not attempt to register with us at this Website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at [email protected].
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, BoardBookit commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and/or Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact BoardBookit at [email protected].
BoardBookit has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/about/submit-a-case for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
BoardBookit, Inc. is responsible for the processing of Personal Information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Frameworks, or subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. BoardBookit complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Information from the EU, EEA and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
Information Collected by Third Parties
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the BoardBookit Websites and BoardBookit Services. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of use the BoardBookit Websites and BoardBookit Services to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
BoardBookit Services may be linked to or provided through other third party websites. We use those third parties to provide a variety of services to us, including, without limitation, hosting the Services, providing technical support, processing and storing your information, updating your customer information records in our database (including both physical address and email address verification), and sending or coordinating the sending of marketing communications on our behalf.
How We Use Your Info
BoardBookit may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract:
- To register new companies and accounts and provision of services to you
- To provide software as a service (applies to anyone that uses BoardBookit Services)
- To provide product technical support
- To provide user training
providing you with services described on the Sites;
verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- To create invoices and process payments;
- To manage our relationship with you, including the delivery of notifications regarding necessary board material; and
- To send emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our legitimate interests. These interests include:
- Operating the Sites;
- Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and BoardBookit Services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- Monitoring activity on the Sites;
- Managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or
- Whether you want to participate in a survey;
- Managing our legal and operational affairs;
- Improving our products and services;
- Providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- Processing your job application to BoardBookit.
- Where you give us consent:
- Providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers in the US. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption.
When We Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal data to third parties who provide a service to us, including:
- Providers of cloud based CRM software in relation to customer account maintenance and billing;
- Providers of cloud based marketing software in relation to prospective customer information management;
- Providers of cloud based customer support software;
- Providers who collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Website, such as customer activity data;
- Providers of cloud based accounting software in relation to management of accounting.
- Third party service providers that help us operate and manage our BoardBookit services.
How Long Do We Store Your Data
We store your personal data during the time that you are a customer or end user of BoardBookit for purposes of providing you with our services. If you have never been a customer or registered end-user of BoardBookit, but have consented to receive marketing inquiries or other information, we may store your data until requested by you to delete the data.
Your Rights if You are a User or Visitor in the European Economic Area
BoardBookit is committed to ensuring that you have control and visibility to your personal data. Below is a summary of your rights and additional commitments from BoardBookit. You may exercise your rights by contacting us at [email protected].
Right of Access
You can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted in certain circumstances including:
- The personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected;
- You withdraw your consent (where the processing was based on consent);
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds justifying us processing the personal data (see Right to Object below);
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- To comply with a legal obligation.
However, this right does not apply where, for example, the processing is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation; or
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Contact [email protected] to exercise this right.
Our site does not respond to Do Not Track signals in your browser.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent access to certain features of the website.
By using BoardBookit Services, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
BoardBookit, Inc.’s commitment to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks entitle you to lodge a complaint via the Privacy Shield independent dispute resolution mechanism.
As a last resort and under limited circumstances, EU, EEA and Swiss individuals with residual privacy complaints may invoke a binding arbitration option before the Privacy Shield Panel.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority situated in a Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement. You can find the relevant supervisory authority name and contact details under http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|BoardBookit||These cookies are set when you check the “remember me” option and remembers your email address so you do not have to retype it everytime you log in.|
|BoardBookit Session Cookies||This is a unique id given to every user to help the website maintain session information for the Microsoft .NET framework that runs our website. This cookie is deleted as soon as you leave BoardBookit Services.|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Google Analytics is used to collect information about how visitors use BoardBookit Services. This cookie is used to distinguish users but is anonymous. http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|
|YouTube Cookies||We embed videos from our official YouTube channels using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.|
|UserVoice Cookies||UserVoice is used to power our customer support system and gather feedback. http://www.uservoice.com/privacy/|